Chipotle, Target, Starbucks, Jack and the Box. One tends to wonder who will be their next victim?
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is now targeting Kroger, the largest supermarket retailer, and demands that they rethink their policy to allow open carry of firearms in their stores.
How as a mother, am I supposed to know if the person with a loaded AR-15 is a gun extremist trying to make a political statement or if I should duck and cover? Kroger shouldn’t leave that ambiguous”
-Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, told The Daily Beast.
Kroger officials have given no statements indicating that they will ban guns in their stores.
Kroger’s policy is to follow state and local laws, and we have requested that all of our customers be respectful of other customers and our associates when shopping in our stores. We recognize the sincerity of beliefs held by people on both sides of the gun issue, which we believe is a public policy best determined by lawmakers.
-Kroger spokeswoman Rachael Betzler said Thursday.
Shannon Watts believes that the store should disregard state and local laws when they aren’t protecting children and families. Honestly, she couldn’t be more wrong. Allowing open carry IS protecting children and families. When a criminal comes into a store armed most people would want a good guy with a gun. Oh wait. Shannon doesn’t think they exist. Just in case you’re in the crazy cab with her, I have provided a few links below just to save time on my rantings.
- Man looks for someone to kill randomly at hotel in San Antonio. Armed citizen steps in and saves the day.
- Good guy with a gun wins in Chicago.
- Armed criminal bets citizen doesn’t have a gun and guessed wrong. (This shows that criminals have NO idea. Ever consider that they’ll think twice knowing that anyone could be carrying?)
- Armed South Carolina resident puts a stop to a possible killing spree.
- What happened in Vegas doesn’t stay in Vegas. Sorry Shannon.
- School shooter stopped in less than 60 seconds thanks to good guys with guns.
- Armed citizen stops robber and holds him at gun point in parking lot until police arrive.
Moms Demand doesn’t talk about these because well, that would make them look uninformed.
Shannon Watts also issued a statement saying that they intend to deliver petitions to other Kroger-owned stores such as Harris Teeter, Fry’s, and others. If these companies don’t enact gun bans, Moms Demand Action threatens to post open carry images on Twitter and attack via social media.
When are these stores going to stop letting some silly organization bully them on the web? I thought that liberals were against cyber bullying? Kroger is not causing any harm by allowing their customers to follow state and local laws.